Stand-up 101 with Bill Bushart
Five-week beginners’ class, the next sessions begin Saturday, February 15th at 10:00AM and Monday, February 24th at 6:00PM!
The fee is $200 for the series. Classes are fun, motivating and focused on writing and performing stand-up comedy. A graduating class showcase will also be scheduled.
The beginner comedy class is designed to offer direction and support for new comedians with a heavy focus on writing and performing. New comics will spend time writing and rehearsing a 7 minute stand up set.
Class focuses on writing, performance, stage presence, likability, the search for your “voice.”
As well as tips on how to get started in stand up and the pitfalls to avoid.
Bill has over 20 years of road and club comedy experience, and over 10 years of teaching experience.
Check out his fan page on Facebook for insight and class reviews.
Advanced Classes with Joel Fragomeni
Six-week advanced class starting Saturday, February 29 at 12:30pm. The fee is $200 for the series. One year of comedy experience is required, or you must have taken the beginning class.
Students should have completed Comedy 101 with Bill Bushart or have one year of experience performing and seven good minutes of material.
A special showcase show at Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle at the end of the class
Hours of critiques of stand-up routines, class “field trips” with the instructor to open mikes at shows including spots Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle, Laff Tracks, other area clubs
Every session features extensive time for Q&A’s
Lecture topics will include:
- All aspects of Comedy Writing including set structure, tags, call backs, segues, crowd work, dealing with hecklers and common mistakes made by comedians
- All aspects of performance from stage presence, to what to wear on stage, to using notes effectively without distraction
- How to be an emcee in a professional comedy environment like Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle
- How to book and run your own comedy show
- Creating promo material like headshots, bios, and demo videos
- Types of comedy shows and their pay scales from open mikes, to showcases, clubs one-nighters, college and corporate shows
Call for further information, or to reserve your spot! 248.542.9900
You MUST pre-register!